We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The stollen, also known for Christollen, means Christ's bread, hence the idea that it is a traditional Christmas bread in Germany. And for that same reason, it has the shape of a baby wrapped in diapers.
If you want to surprise your family and friends with a simple recipe with an exquisite and special flavor, make this recipe for Christmas stollen, and they sure will like them.
- 300 gr of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon (soup) of sugar
- 2 tablespoons (soup) milk
- 1 tablespoon (soup) of yeast for bread
- 100 g of butter
- Pinch of salt
- Candied lemon and orange pieces
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- Icing sugar
Stollen bread originates from the city of Dresden. Thanks to the fruits, raisins, nuts that are mixed into its dough, the Stollen flavor is sweet and rich. Guiainfantil.com offers you the recipe, step by step, for breakfast, brunch, snack or dinner for children and the whole family.
1. In a bowl, mix about 300 gr. flour, yeast, a tablespoon of sugar and two tablespoons of milk. Mix everything with a wooden spoon and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
2. After this time, add 100 gr. butter, a pinch more sugar, salt, lemon rind, raisins, and the pieces of lemon and orange confit.
3. Knead the dough well and leave it to rest until its volume grows and has doubled. Divide the dough into two rolls and put them together, as if one were wrapping the other. Form a single oven and put it in a source greased with butter and flour. Place the Stollen in a preheated oven at 200 ° C. Then lower the temperature to 180 ° C, for approximately 1 hour.
4. The Stollen is ready when it turns tan in color. Remove from oven, spread with soft butter, and generously sprinkle icing sugar on top. Wrap it with aluminum foil and leave it in a cool place 2 weeks before consuming it.
Enjoy your meal. Merry Christmas!
You can read more articles similar to Christmas Stollen. German panettone for Christmas, in the category of Recipes on site.