We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Chicken is a very common meat on children's menus. It has a mild flavor, combines with countless sauces, vegetables ... and also contains few fat and calories. For all this we recommend the baked chicken with cherry sauce.
The cherry sauce that accompanies this baked chicken recipe for children gives it a special flavor, as well as being a good way to encourage children to try different fruits, basic for their physical and psychological development.
- 500 gr. chicken breasts
- 400 gr. cherries
- 100 ml. red wine
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
1. To make the chicken, the first thing to do is heat a little oil in the pan, add the breasts and seal them, that is, leave a few seconds so that the meat is cooked only on the outside. This way the juices will stay inside the chicken and it will be more tender.
2. Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Place the chicken in an oven-safe tray, drizzle with oil, season and add oregano and thyme or other spices to taste.
3. Bake the chicken at 200ºC for 30 minutes, watering the chicken breasts from time to time with the juice that is released from cooking.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the cherry sauce. Wash the cherries and pit them, put them in a saucepan with the red wine and sugar over low heat.
5. Leave until softened and a puree forms. We can pass the sauce through the mash or leave it with the cherry pieces.
6. Take the chicken out of the oven, serve it with the sauce drizzled on top. Accompany with some steamed vegetables.
Here are other cherry recipes for kids.
You can read more articles similar to Aromatic baked chicken with cherry sauce, in the category of Meats on site.