We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
When preparing our baby's room we must not forget a series of recommendations that will help us grow in a safe space. And it is that, creating an environment free of dangers, is essential when decorating a room, since in the end it is the place where a small child will sleep and play. To protect you from possible accidents, we give you a series of very practical tips.
1. Electrical installation: before preparing the room you must make sure that it is in perfect condition. That is to say, you will not have plugs or switches in bad condition, nor will you have visible and accessible cables. For when it grows a little you will have to use suitable protectors.
2. The wall paint will be safe and non-toxic. Will not contain lead or harmful substances that can harm the child.
3. Make sure the door and windows close properly and there are no drafts. Check that they are not chipped and prepare them correctly for the baby's arrival. Keep in mind that the child will grow so if you live on a low floor consider using bars and safety locks that prevent the little one from opening them carelessly.
4. When you choose the furniture, it is essential that it meets all the safety standards required to consider it safe. If you have a limited budget, it is preferable that you invest it in these elements. The corners will be rounded and if not, there are rubber protectors that you can easily put on. There are stops for drawers on the market that will prevent injury if they are closed abruptly.
5. When placing the crib, do not do so near the window or radiators. Be careful with the cords of curtains, blinds or crib mobiles. At first he will not come near but in a few months he will stand up and try to grab everything close to him. You will have to be careful to remove it.
6. Remove from the surface of the crib stuffed animals, cushions, pillows… In addition to disturbing your sleep, they can cause drowning risk.
You can read more articles similar to 6 tips for decorating a safe room for baby, in the category of Rooms on site.