We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
There are children who are especially negative and pessimistic, it is as if they had a radar to detect all the things that go wrong, everything bad or what they do not have, and they anticipate negatively thinking that everything is going to go wrong, in such a way that they do not try things because they always think that they will not be able or it will go wrong.
They are not able to realize their worth, and in the long run this can generate a problem of personal insecurity and low self-esteem, in addition to preventing them from being happy, because sometimes this type of thinking and behavior prevents them from successfully facing everyday situations.
It is essential that these children learn to face their negativity and have techniques and strategies to overcome it. It is about making them strong in the face of day-to-day setbacks and being able to focus on the positives instead focus and get caught up in the negatives.
First of all, let us remember that our own example is the best way to teach them how to face the day to day in a positive way.
1. Analyze the situation. At what point does your child have that pessimistic attitude? Is it a constant attitude, or is it when performing certain tasks that you know you are worse at?
2. Train with him those tasks that are given worst, that will make you gain confidence in yourself.
3. Starts working from the level the child is, asking him things that we know he can get. If the level of demand is too high, the child can be frustrated when knowing that he will not achieve it, and we will favor his pessimistic thoughts.
4.Work on the importance of effort from a young age. Let him know that in the face of adversity, the answer is not the complaint or negative verbalizations such as'I can't ',' it's very difficult ',' it doesn't work out for me '….
5. Reinforce a lot when something goes well, make him feel important and proud.
6. Also attend to him when he does not have a pessimistic attitudeLet him see that he has more attention in positive than in negative.
7. When he is very blocked it is not the time to talk to him nor to make him reason. It is better to wait for it to pass, because as much as we try to make it see things in a positive way, it first needs to 'disconnect' before continuing with the task.
8. Highlight its qualities, List or make a list with him of the things that he is good at, however small and insignificant they may seem, he has to learn to value them.
9. Teach the child to accept himself as he is. We have to learn to love and accept ourselves as we are from a young age with our limitations. You can't always be the best at playing soccer, or basketball. The important thing is to strive to do your best.
10. Let's not forget that the main source of learning for children is modeling. Children copy their reference adults than their parents. Let's be a model of overcoming adversity, not negativity.
You can read more articles similar to 10 tips to educate children in optimism, in the Securities category on site.