We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Have you read a story that has left your heart very, very shrunken? Surely yes. Well, this one that my father-in-law just sent me, gave me so much to think about, that I decided to share it with you. Maybe you already know him, although I think it is always appropriate for us to repeat some things, especially when they have a relationship with the children. There it goes...
A man who came home very late, tired and irritated, found his 5-year-old son waiting for him at the door.
- "Dad, can I ask you a question?"
- "Sure, what is it?", Replied the man.
- "Dad, how much money do you make in an hour?"
- "You don't care about that! Why are you asking me that question?" Said the angry man.
- "I need to know. Answer me: how much money do you earn in an hour?", The child begged.
- "If you need to know, I earn 40 euros per hour."
"Oh!" Replied the boy, bowing his head. Then he said: "Can you lend me 25 euros?"
The father was very furious and said:
- "If the reason you need to know what I earn is that I lend you money to buy a stupid toy or some other nonsense, then go straight to your room and lie down. Think about why you are becoming so selfish. I work long hours a day and I don't have time for kiddies. "
The boy quietly went to his room and closed the door. The man sat down and began to think about his son's question and how he had challenged him with such questions just to get some money. After about an hour, the man had calmed down and thought it might have been hard on his son. It could be that he really needed to buy something with those 25 euros; besides, the boy did not often talk about money. So she went to her son's room and opened the door.
- "Are you asleep?" He asked.
- "No dad, I'm awake," replied the boy.
- "I've been thinking that before maybe I was too hard on you," said the man. "It's been a long day and I took my anger out on you. Here's the 25 euros you asked for."
The boy sat up, happy and said:
- "Thanks, Daddy," he exclaimed, and lifting his pillow, he took out some coins and some crumpled bills.
The man, seeing that the boy already had money, began to rage again. The boy slowly counted his money and looked at his father.
- "Why do you need more money, if you already have enough," grumbled the father.
- "Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," replied the boy, and continued:
- "Dad, now I have 40 euros. Can I buy an hour of your time"
You can read more articles similar to Lack of time for parents and children, in the Books on site category.